Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ask Engadget: best high-capacity (250GB or more) portable media player?

We know you've got questions, and if you're brave enough to ask the world for answers, here's the outlet to do so. This week's Ask Engadget question is coming to us from Dhruv, who needs to live about 20 years in the future, where all PMPs start at 160GB. If you're looking to send in an inquiry of your own, drop us a line at ask [at] engadget [dawt] com.
"So I'm a music lover of sorts and my (already compressed) iTunes library is nearing 150GB. I used to have an iPod Classic 160GB, but that doesn't allow for much growing room. Seeing as Apple has pretty much given up on the Classic's future, I was hoping there was another player out there that would have higher capacity drives in it. I know Toshiba makes a 240GB and 320GB 1.8" drive, but I see nothing using it.

Also, I would love for it to have physical buttons. And like the Classic, it should be portable. I saw the Archos 5 online and it's a mammoth. Basically, my ideal player is an iPod Classic with at least a 250GB HDD inside. Thanks!"
It's a shame that Cowon's gorgeous X7 tops out at 160GB, else that'd be a solid solution. Outside of the Archos 5, does anyone have any solid, high-capacity solutions? Looks like your best bet may be to snag a lower-end PMP that'll hold a 1.8-inch drive, and then hack a larger one in yourself.

Ask Engadget: best high-capacity (250GB or more) portable media player? originally appeared on Engadget on Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:32:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink   |   | Email this | Comments

security securities bonds bond

No comments:

Post a Comment